Blend a cup of water with 2 cups of frozen strawberries until it forms a puree. Transfer the mix to a large canning jar; add in 3/4 c of chia seeds. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously until well mixed. Refrigerate 8 hrs to overnight, then enjoy on toast, pancakes, french toast, whatever your heart desires! Store no longer than 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
If you are looking for a healthy spread recipe, but also something your kids would love, you are at the right page. This recipe is simple and anyone will love it. You can also try with the kinds of fruit you prefer.
This Recipe Makes 3 Cups
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup of chia seeds
- Blend the water and strawberries together in a blender until it forms a puree.
- Transfer the mixture to either 2 canning jars or a medium mixing bowl. Add in the chia seeds and stir until they are well incorporated. If you transferred to canning jars, place the lids on tight and shake vigorously to mix in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight, then enjoy on toast, pancakes, french toast, whatever your heart desires!
- Feel free to add in more chia seeds if you desire a thicker consistency.
- Store jam in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3 weeks.