Curejoy Expert Gina Hodge Explains:
Bruises are definitely an inevitable part of your lifestyle, and can turn to be very painful and an unpleasant sight. Let’s delve into the inside out of bruises and their causes, and then see how we can treat them.
How exactly is a bruise caused?
Bruises are signs of injuries to the soft tissue. It is usually a black, purplish red or blue mark on the skin, which is caused because of an injury that breaks or crushes the small blood vessels, leaking blood into the adjacent tissues, beneath the surface of the skin. The effect of bruises depends on the skin’s sensitivity. Though bruises can heal on their own, there are a few natural remedies that’ll make your healing process quick.
Adopt Natural Methods
- Ice pack: Cold Compress should be your first source of rescue as soon as you’re bruised. Place some ice or frozen vegetables or peas in a clean towel or washcloth and place it on the injured area immediately. Ice helps in healing and also immediately reduces swelling and discoloration by constricting the underlying blood vessels, reducing the flow of blood from the skin. Also remember not to apply ice directly to the skin which may result in a frost bite and work exaggerate the bruise.
- Hot Compress: After 24 hours of the injury, you must use a hot compress to increase blood circulation that’s coagulated underneath the skin. Either make a worm compress or use a hot water bottle and place it on the injury. Alternative use of hot and cold compress is the best way to get rid of your bruise.
- Parsley: Parsley contains anti-inflammatory properties that helps your bruise to heal faster. Crush a handful of parsley and apply it over the injured area, and you will be amazed to see how fast it repairs the skin.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies to heal bruises. Vinegar is a healing agent as it increases blood flow to the skin’s surface to dissipate the accumulated blood in the bruised area. Dip a clean towel or cloth in a few drops of vinegar and dab it on the skin. You can also mix vinegar in warm water and den spread it over the bruise.
- Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera fresh off the plant and notice an immediate reduction of swelling and inflammation.
Try these natural methods and get rid of your bruises in no time. Also, the next time try preventing these bruises by consuming food abundant in bioflavonoids in your diet, which strengthen blood vessels and tissue. Also, increase your protein consumption and stay bruise-free!