Toothaches can be caused due to an infection, cavity, exposed tooth root, loose filling, cracked tooth or a jaw joint disorder. When the pulp or the central region of the tooth becomes irritated or inflamed, a toothache occurs. The pulp contains nerve endings which can be extremely sensitive. A few home remedies that'll help you bring temporary relief from toothaches are tea bags, guava leaves, vanilla extract, saltwater and garlic cloves.
Toothaches can be very painful and annoying. I hate that restless feeling that comes along with a toothache. The pain can vary from mild soreness to throbbing pain in the gums, teeth or the jaw. The reasons behind it may be an infection, cavity, exposed tooth root, loose filling, cracked tooth or a jaw joint disorder. When the pulp or the central region of the tooth becomes irritated or inflamed, a toothache occurs. The pulp contains nerve endings which can be extremely sensitive. When you experience a toothache, it is best to seek advice from a dental from a dentist before it worsens. However, here are a few home remedies that can bring you relief temporarily.
Home Remedies For Toothache
1. Tea Bag: Tea contains tannin which reduce inflammation and pain relief. Slightly soak the tea bag in water and apply it on the affected area and wait till the pain becomes numb before removing it. You could freeze the tea bags or place it in ice water to make the treatment more effective. You could also use ice bags to relieve pain.
2. Guava Leaves: Fresh guava leaves have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Hence, they are known to be one of the most effective remedies for toothaches. You could chew on two washed and tender guava leaves until the juice starts working on the affected area. It will numb the pain temporarily. Raw spinach leaves can also be used the same way. Another remedy is to put four to five guava leaves in water and boil it. Allow the solution to cool to a warm temperature and add some salt. Use the solution as a mouthwash.
3. Vanilla Extract: Vanilla Extract is known to have numbing properties that can bring you relief from the pain. It has a calming effect and it also helps reduce the stress from the gum and jaw area. To apply, take a cotton swab and dip it in vanilla extract. Apply it on the affected area every few hours till the pain subsides.
4. Saltwater: Saltwater reduces inflammation and swelling, and also fights the bacteria that cause infection. To use, mix a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and stir until the salt dissolves. Use this a mouth rinse every hour to relieve pain.
5. Garlic: Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain. First take a crushed garlic clove or garlic powder. Mix it with some table salt or black salt and apply it to the affected area to reduce pain. You could also chew one or two cloves of garlic for relief.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff
Olive oil and cloves.....just maybe an ounce of the oil and teaspoon of the cloves, seal, and let it set in cabinet for a couple of weeks....otr you can even use the Ground Cloves, and use it immediately...
Like this page and get free vaastu tip https://www.facebook.com/BetterVastu
Better to buy it! But you can always just chew few cloves near the affected area to relieve the pain!
A lot of people had it covered! Way to not be able to pay attention all the way due to a toothache! Lol!
Clove oil not only eases pain, but heals the inflammation...works great...I make my own, and it works great !
Swishing with diluted peroxide Does help. It can stop an abscess in its tracks. Also, oil pulling will help to stop your cavities from getting worse. Speaking 100% from experience