An abscessed tooth is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth. Some home remedies are applying peppermint oil, oregano oil, olive oil, clove oil, or juice of a fresh garlic at the affected spot. Gargling with saltwater, squishing with apple cider vinegar for a few mins helps relieve pain. Apply a cold pack or cooled tea bags from the outside.
An abscessed tooth is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth. The bacteria enters through the abscessed tooth and spreads the infection. This can be extremely painful! It’s advisable to immediately consult a doctor in this case. However, here are a few simple home remedies that’ll help you relieve the pain to some extent.
Home Remedies For an Abscessed Tooth:
1. Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil is a very effective treatment to cure pain related to the abscessed tooth. Dip your finger tips in peppermint oil and massage slightly on the affected area. You will experience instant relief to some extent.
2. Garlic: Garlic kills bacteria naturally. It is also known to boost the immune system and helps you reduce pain related to the abscessed tooth. It is also very beneficial in helping you get rid of the infection naturally. It acts as a natural antibiotic and should be used for a period of 5 days. Mash a garlic clove and extract the juice. Apply this on the affected area.
3. Saltwater: This is one of easiest and effective remedies for an abscessed tooth. It helps treating the infection. Take lukewarm water and mix it with some salt. Gargle using saltwater. You might have to endure the pain the first few times you do it, but gradually it will reduce the pain to a great extent.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar helps in disinfecting the mouth and reduces the swelling that comes with an abscessed tooth. To use, squish a few drops of apple cider vinegar in the mouth and then spit it out.
5. Oregano Oil: Oregano oil can be great for patients suffering from an abscessed tooth. It has antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. You could either gently brush this on the affected area or follow the same process as in apple cider vinegar. You could rub colloidal silver on the area after using oregano oil for best results.
The other home remedies for an abscessed tooth are olive oil, cold pack, tea bags and more.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff