Combine 3 medium, overripe bananas, 1 cup mashed sweet potato or pumpkin, 1/2 cup smooth almond butter, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 tbsp sugar-free sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt into a brownie batter texture. Pour into a greased pan. In an oven preheated to 350 deg, bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Protein Brownies For Breakfast
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes it can be tough. Toast, fruit and oatmeal get boring and a full blown breakfast is high in calories as well as time consuming. But, with my vegan protein brownie recipe, a grab-and-go breakfast treat has never been so quick and healthy!
- 3 medium, overripe bananas
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato or 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops of protein powder of choice (preferably plain or chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener (baking grade granulated erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees, grease a small brownie pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a blender, food processor, or using your hands, combine all the ingredients until you’ve achieved a brownie batter texture.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.