Detoxing during the summer months can be beneficial for the pitta in your body. Often, during summer months, you might feel like drinking cold beverages and eat ice creams, indulging in food that might not be very beneficial to you.
So here are three herbal detox drink recipes that you can make in the morning and sip throughout the day!
Golden Herbal Detox Drink
Turmeric is a metabolism boosting spice, is a great detox agent for your body, helping the liver break down toxic chemicals.
- 2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp small powdered ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 small organic lemon
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add all the ingredients except lemon and honey to it. Simmer it for 5 min.
- Strain the liquid. Add lemon juice, honey and drink it.
Ayurveda Detoxifying Tea
The use of cumin, coriander, and fennel in this tea filters out the harmful elements while replenishing it with essential nutrients for your body. In Ayurveda, teas are the traditional method of delivering the medicinal effects of herbs and spices to your body’s tissues.
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water
- Add the whole cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds.
- Let steep for 5 minutes, or until it cools to a comfortable drinking temperature.
- Strain and serve, discarding the spices.
Mango Ginger Lemonade
Ginger is a great healing food, so anytime you feel that your body needs to calm itself down, you can turn to it for support. It helps other foods to get better absorbed by the body. It amplifies all the health benefits of other superfoods. Combining it with mango makes it a super alkalizing drink for your body. If you’ve been eating a lot of acidic foods, this drink will help restore balance.
- 1/2 mango
- 1 lemon
- 1 thin slice of ginger
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- zest of 1 lemon
Blend everything and enjoy!