1. Grate sweet potato into thin slices. With a little salt, bake at 250 for 1 hr. Cook till orange brown. This dish is a rich in antioxidants. 2. Create a trail mix of nuts, dried fruits and seeds. They area rich source of protein, fiber and fat. 3. Mix 1-3 tbsp of peanut butter into whole grain waffle mix. Make waffles. Spread peanut butter and jelly in between and enjoy.
Pregnancy is a phase where you repeatedly deal with cravings. It’s so hard to stay away from those random chocolate cravings during pregnancy. Eating every few hours during pregnancy is advised. However, healthy meals are just as important. Here area few quick snacking ideas which are healthy and satisfying.
Healthy go-to snack ideas during pregnancy
1. Sweet potato chips:
– Cut or grate a sweet potato into thin slices
– Place on baking sheet and slightly salt
– Bake at 250 for 1 hour. Move around the slices every 15 minutes.
– Make sure you cook them till they turn orangish brown
2. Trail mix:
Create a mix with your favourite nuts, dried fruits and seeds. They are a great source of protein, fiber and fat. Store them in a container that’s easy to use. You could create a mix of:
– Chocolate chips
– Dried cranberries
– Pumpkin seeds
– Honey roasted peanuts
– Dried apple
3. Granola and Yogurt:
It’s a great source of energy and calories. You can make your own by adding in granola, any fruit and yogurt. Some different varieties of the same are:
Peanut butter and jelly parfrait:
– Oats and honey organic granola
– Peanuts – you can blend some into the peanut butter, and leave some
– Mashed strawberries and blueberries
– Plain yogurt
Frozen strawberry creamsicle parfrait:
– Plain Yogurt
– Berry Cobbler Cascadian Farm Organics Granola
– Sliced strawberries
4. Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffle Sandwich
This can be a great source of healthy fats.
– Take your favourite whole grain or multi-grain waffle mix
– Add 1-3 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter to the mix
– Make waffles as directed
– Spread peanut butter and jelly in betweek the waffles and eat it as a sandwich
5. Fresh citrus snoothie
This is very healthy and is a rich source of energy. To make:
– 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice – from 4 oranges
– 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 cup strawberries, cut into 1/2
– 1 to 1/2 bananas
Blend all these ingredients till smooth.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff