Most of the marketed ready-to-go foods are unhealthy and processed. They do not have much of a nutrient value. Try all or any of these 20 breakfast recipes that can energize you every day. Having a healthy breakfast each day will help you keep active all day.
The question of what to eat for breakfast is a tough one for many. My husband often says, with a smile, that I’ve done a horrible job of finding him suitable healthy breakfast recipes. So much of the food that is marketed as standard, quick breakfast food is nutrient-depleted.
A good breakfast must include a good source of protein. And it should be low in refined carbohydrates.
While I wouldn’t go so far as to say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I would say that eating a good breakfast will do wonders for your energy level and your waistline.
I give you here some healthy recipes that you can make at home, take to work, or have on the go.
8 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Hot quinoa cereal (quinoa is the only grain that is also a complete protein) mixed with nuts and fruit
- Almond flour protein pancakes—pancakes made from just almond flour and eggs, flavored with a little vanilla extract, fresh fruit, or stevia
- Sweet potato and turkey hash seasoned with fresh herbs
- Breakfast chili—beans, avocado, salsa, and vegetables served on top of a sprouted corn tortilla, topped with an egg
- Homemade granola made with nuts, fresh fruit, dried coconut, and toasted quinoa with any unsweetened milk variety
- Tempeh and avocado scramble (studies suggest to eat soy when it is fermented, like in tempeh)
- Turkey and vegetable omelet, cooked in butter or coconut oil
- Scrambled eggs and veggies
6 Healthy Ideas To Take Breakfast To Work
- Unsweetened yogurt with fresh fruit
- A slice of homemade vegetable quiche made without almond flour crust and prepared without cheese
- Homemade turkey patty—heated
- An unsweetened instant oatmeal packet with added fresh fruit and lots of nuts (not a super source of protein but a better option)
- Sprouted grain toast topped with sliced chicken and avocado (yes, this can be breakfast food!)
- Homemade frozen breakfast burritos—scrambled eggs, veggies, turkey, avocado, and salsa mixed, wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla and frozen
6 Healthy Ideas For Breakfast On-The-Go
- A few pieces of chicken or turkey in a bag with a handful of nuts
- A baggie of homemade granola, without the milk
- A protein smoothie
- A protein bar made just from fruit and nuts—homemade, as the majority of store-bought bars are full of sugar and heavily processed
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Healthy quinoa muffin—quinoa, an egg, almond flour, applesauce, stevia, and dried fruit mixed and baked
Since these on-the-go options are more like snacks, you may want to combine a couple to feel fully nourished.
Benefits Of A Healthy Breakfast
It helps stabilize your blood sugar. Have you ever felt good in the morning, only to want to curl up in a ball and nap at 2pm? This could be due to low blood sugar, which could, in part, be prevented by having breakfast.
Additionally, studies have shown that eating breakfast reduces hunger signals for the rest of the day.
Not All Breakfast Options Are Healthy Choices
Many conventional breakfast options are made from refined carbohydrates, for example, pancakes, waffles, cold cereals, toast, and most granola. These options will quickly turn to sugar in the body, leaving you hungry and lethargic in the afternoon. We definitely don’t want that!
Additionally, most breakfast meats are of the unhealthy variety. There are numerous studies finding a strong correlation between the consumption of smoked meats and the development of cancer and leukemia. So this leaves bacon, sausage, and ham out of a healthy breakfast.
But with all the options given here, even a super picky eater should be able to find something suitable. If you aren’t used to having a good breakfast in the morning, try one of the latter options and see how you feel. And to my husband, “Honey, I gave you 20 choices, so what’s your excuse now?”
The "take to work" section. Frozen burritos with avocado. Can you freeze avocado? I would definitely do this. I just didn't realize avocado would freeze well.
Beautiful post everybody can your best recipe in this beautiful recipe group with 20500+ Member Thanks @https://www.facebook.com/groups/tokjhalmisti/
Pls like the following page. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=386803941418773&view=page God Bless U !