Coconut oil speeds up your metabolism and is a powerful antioxidant, which helps in slowing down the aging process. It is the perfect oil for cooking, which comes with antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial properties. It keeps your skin supple, may also help to ward off dementia and can be used for oil pulling.
You may have heard the buzz about coconut oil in the health community lately, and for good reason. Coconut oil is rich in healthy fatty acids which your brain, heart, joints, and whole body need. Unlike bad nutrition advice from the 1990’s, it is now known that fat is actually good for you, as long as it is the right kind of fat. Coconut oil may be just one of the best!
7 Facts About Coconut Oil You May Not Have Known
1. It Speeds Up Metabolism: Coconut oil is made up of medium-chain fatty acids and is a rich source of lauric acid, the same substance found in human breast milk. It has been shown these types of fats are broken down right in the liver, allowing you to burn energy efficiently, thus speeding up metabolism. No need to overdo it, though. Just 1-2 teaspoons internally a day is all you need.
2. It Keeps You Young: Coconut oil is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants help to fight the damage caused by free radicals within the body, thus slowing down the aging process.
3. It Is The Perfect Oil For Cooking: Unlike olive oil, which has a very low smoke point, coconut oil can be used for medium to high-heat cooking without going rancid. Save your olive oil for cold salads and use coconut oil for frying, baking, and roasting.
4. It Is Antimicrobial, Antifungal, + Antibacterial: Taking coconut oil daily internally may help boost your immune system.
5. It Keeps Your Skin Supple: Hands-down coconut oil will leave your skin soft, smooth, and moisturized! You can even shave your legs with coconut oil. It can also delay the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. Score!
6. It May Help To Ward Off Dementia: New studies have shown that ingesting coconut oil, which is high in ketone bodies, may prevent the development of Alzheimer’s Disease. Although this research is new, it is promising. (Link to source)
7. It Is Great For Oil Pulling: Oil pulling is the ancient Ayurvedic practice of “pulling” oil through your teeth for 20 minutes per day. The wisdom is this provides you with a myriad of health benefits including increased immunity, whiter teeth, and stronger jaw. Coconut oil makes a perfect oil for this practice.
I recommend you purchase refined coconut oil for your beauty products (less expensive), and raw organic cold-pressed for your cooking and kitchen needs.
i will tell u that just about 2months ago i had a wicked infection in my gums...i thought i was going to loose my bottom teeth (i have extreamly bad teeth and gums).....anyway..i did oil pullng for a week and ive never had my mouth feel this good! its really amazing stuff!
I use this for oil pulling every morning, and 3x daily when I am ill. Rids your body of toxins. Youtube has videos of oil pulling. Buy the very best you can afford.
Coconut is one fruit that is found in every occasion.Each part is been use.God has bless us by giving .Amen.
i have recently found about all the benefits of coconut oil and am up to three table spoons in my coffee or tea per day...what i would like to know is the advantage of organic versus refined...
As little girl that was our most used oil and most people at that time make it from scatch. I can make it too.