In a bowl, add balsamic vinegar+olive oil (1/4 c each), 2 tbsp sesame seeds oil, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, lemon zest, salt+pepper to taste. Whisk well and set aside. Cut 8 zucchinis into 1/2" thick rounds. Toss them in 1/4 c olive oil and grill until golden. Place on a flat dish, drizzle with the mustard vinaigrette and marinate for an hour. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
I knew one day I would regret something I said a while ago. I mildly complained about friends who brought me surplus zucchinis and other vegetables out of their garden.
The gift giving stopped cold, and we missed out on what had been a regular supply of the best vegetables.
But, just the other day as I looked out the window at my front step, I saw a box of tomatoes and two sacks of zucchinis sitting there. There was no note, no document of origin and clearly even the fingerprints had been wiped clean.
The lesson I learned is that one should never complain about a gift, or as Americans are fond of saying – “Do not look a gift horse in the mouth”.
I would like to thank my anonymous vegetable producer. We enjoyed every bite! I used zucchini to make zucchini soup, zucchini fritters, stuffed zucchinis, and on and on.
When I make these zucchini slices, I leave them on the kitchen table so we can snack on them until they are gone.
Zucchini Slices In Mustard Vinaigrette [Recipe]
- 8 6″ zucchinis, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 scallions chopped
- In a small bowl, place mustard, balsamic vinegar, sesame seeds oil, lemon zest, salt and black pepper.
- Whisk well and then add 1/4 cup of olive oil and whisk well. Set aside.
- Toss the zucchini rounds in the rest of the olive oil and grill until golden.
- Remove from the grill, place on a flat dish, drizzle with the mustard vinaigrette and allow the zucchini to marinate for an hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.