Mix 1 1/2 cups sifted whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Separately combine 2 large eggs (lightly beaten), 3 medium, ripe bananas, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup. Combine both mixtures and stir in 1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Pour into a greased bread pan till 3/4 full. Bake (350F, 30 min). Dig right in!
It’s getting hot and muggy down here in Savannah and I am so not ready for it!
I was pregnant 2 years ago throughout the whole summer, but something about being in Savannah it feels worse! My sweet little daughter though loves being outside, so we’ll have to find a balance!
We decided to stay inside on this hot muggy day and do a little baking! We have a stockpile of over-ripe bananas because bananas seem to be one of the triggers upsetting my preggo belly, my husband has been gone, and Bella likes them best frozen.
So, I took 3 very large, super over-ripe bananas and turned them into Banana Bread!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine sifted whole wheat flour in bowl with baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl combine beaten eggs, mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla and syrup. Beat well.
- Combine both bowls. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased bread pans. I used 4 mini bread loafs. You could use 2 regular sized loafs. Fill 3/4 way full.
- Bake at 350F for 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean.