Combine 1 lb gluten-free boiled pasta, 3/4 English cucumber cut into 1/4" pieces, 1 dry pint cherry tomato, 1 sliced red onion, 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, 6 oz feta, 3 cups baby spinach, and 1 can red kidney beans. For the dressing, mix 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/2 cup olive oil.
Potlucks inspired this super easy salad. I wanted to bring something tasty, and still need it to be pretty fast and easy. I doubled this salad and had more than enough for three potlucks.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound gluten-free pasta (I used black bean pasta and quinoa pasta)
- 3/4 medium English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 6 ounces feta (goat cheese), crumbled
- 3 cups firmly packed baby spinach or other tender green salad mix
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed (optional for bonus protein)
1. Prepare Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
2. Prepare Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until done, about 10-12 minutes, or as label describes. (Gluten-free pasta cooks slower than wheat pasta.)
- Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, toss with dressing. Adjust seasonings.
4. If you have fresh basil, slice the leaves thinly with scissors or top with goat cheese.