The gallbladder is the role player in the process of digestion. This is where the bile is stored until it is needed for the digestion of fatty food. Now, calcium salts, cholesterol and bile pigments may form and crystallize in the gallbladder causing extreme pain in the abdomen. If you’re diagnosed with gallstones, one way out is a surgery. Before you opt for a surgery, you might want to try and get rid of it naturally. Here are a few remedies that’ll help you deal with gallstones.
Natural Remedies for Gallstones:
1. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is high in citric acid and vitamin C, both of which are known to dissolve calcium deposits, which is why the juices of citrus fruits have been used for many years as a home remedy for gallbladder and kidney stones. Drink the juice on an empty stomach everyday for a week. This is known to be a very effective remedy to get rid of gallstones.
2. Rosemary: Rosemary is yet another essential herb which assists with gallstones. It enhances the production of bile and stops spasms from occurring inside the bile duct. It also aids in breaking down fat.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent remedy to dissolve gallstones as well as stop the liver from producing cholesterol. Drink one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix it with apple juice if you can’t stand the taste.
4. Epsom Salt: Grab a glass of water, dissolve a teaspoon of Epsom salts and consume. The intake of this solution helps flushing gallstones out of the bile duct in which they are lodged.
5. Red Bell Pepper: Obtaining abundant vitamin C in your daily diet will assist you with the prevention of gallstones, and a single red bell pepper has 95 mg of the useful vitamin. Apparently, the US government advocates for women and men over age 15 to have at least 60 mg each day.
6. Vegetable Juice: Mix the juice of beetroot, carrots and cucumbers and drink it twice daily for 2 weeks. This makes a nutrient loaded beverage to fight gallstones. Vegetable juice is also full of dietary fiber that promotes detoxification of the GI tract and wards off constipation.
7. Pears: Pears are known to relieve pain associated with gallstones. When you consume them on a daily basis, they can soften the gallstones.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff
There is some info about using lemon juice, Apple cider vinegar with the mother & olive oil. Also use 2 liters of coca cola regular & one pound of cooked asperagus. The above gall stone recipe is 8 oz. Of each. I've been using it for 13 years now to flush out cholesterol from the gall bladder & liver.