Dandruff is one of the most common problems, and we’ve all been through it at some point or the other. As much as we dislike and fret about it, it can be solved quite easily with simple home remedies. Here are all the home remedies that’ll help you get rid of dandruff naturally:
Home Remedies to get rid of Dandruff:
1. Olive Oil: Olive oil can help moisturize the dry area of the scalp and prevents it from flaking. Warm olive oil is a very effective remedy for your dry and flaky scalp. Massage your scalp with olive oil before going to bed everyday. Next, cleanse your hair with a mild shampoo in the morning. Make sure you cover your head to prevent it from attracting dust.
2. Baking Soda: Excess oil on the scalp is one of the most common reasons behind dandruff, which can be reduced with the help of baking soda. Baking soda also overactive fungi that can cause dandruff. Also, it is a mild exfoliant which can help you get rid of dead skin. Mix your regular shampoo with one teaspoon of baking soda and wash as usual.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains natural antibacterial and fungicidal properties that helps clean the scalp, heal and soothe it. Aloe Vera is composed of proteolytic enzyme characteristics; which means it can break down proteins including dead skin cells. Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on your scalp, leave for 15 minutes and then wash with a shampoo. Do this regularly for good results.
4. Yogurt and Pepper: Yogurt is one the best sources of friendly bacteria that can reduce the build up of yeast within our bodies, reducing inflammation. Pepper is anti-fungal and hence when used along with yogurt, can be a very powerful dandruff remedy. This can prevent the scaling of the scalp. Firstly you must remember to use both yogurt and pepper in its fresh form. Grind two spoons of black pepper and add this to one cup of yogurt. Mix this completely and apply it only on the scalp. Leave this for one hour and then wash with a mild shampoo.
5. Basil Leaves: Basil leaves contain strong anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which can help cure dandruff as well as improve the strength of your scalp. When combined with the properties of amla powder, it can be one of the most effective remedies. Mix both the ingredients and make a paste. Apply this on your hair and leave it on for about half an hour.
The other effective remedies for dandruff are henna, tea tree oil, ginger, apple juice, Neem, vinegar and a combination of lemon juice and coconut oil. If you’ve come across any other effective home remedies, do share in the comments section below.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff