Knees to Chest: Lie on back, pull right knee to chest keeping left leg straight. Hold for 10 sec and alternate. Spinal Stretch: Lie on back, fold right knee, stretch out right hand, pull right knee with left hand-leftwards. Hold for 20 sec and alternate. Quadriceps Stretch: Stand straight, pull right leg with right hand, toes pointing up. Hold for 30 sec and alternate.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains:
How To Get Rid Of Back Pain?
Back pain is the pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine. Back pain may be constant or sudden, mild or debilitating. It could be a result of an injury, from standing too long, from bad posture or from getting older. According to studies back pain is a leading reason why Americans consult physicians, accounting for 14% of primary-care doctor visits.
Stretches To Get Rid Of Back Pain In Just 30 Seconds
Stretch 1: Knees to Chest Stretch
- Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent.
- Use your hands to pull your right knee to your chest.
- Next, try to straighten your left leg on the floor.
- While keeping your right knee held to your chest, continue the stretch for 20 seconds, then switch sides and repeat.
- Finally, do the stretch by holding both knees to your chest for 10 seconds.
Stretch 2: Spinal Stretch
- While on the floor with your left leg extended straight, pull your right knee to your chest.
- Put your right arm out to the side.
- Next, use your left hand to slowly pull your right knee toward your left side so that your right foot rests on the back of your left knee.
- Finally, turn your head toward your right side.
- Hold for 20 seconds and then reverse the movements and repeat.
Stretch 3: Quadriceps Stretch
- While standing, hold on to the back of a sturdy chair with your left hand for balance.
- Grasp your right foot with your right hand and gently pull your right leg back and up, with your toes pointing upward.
- Be sure to keep your right knee close to your left leg.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then switch sides and repeat.