Essential oils are all the rage and there certainly are oils for everything! Here is your go-to "first-aid kit" with 15 essential oils for health and healing.
Heal With Ancient Miracle Remedies!
Essential oils are all the rage. Whether you are seeking to treat a specific ailment or simply want a safe scent to fill your home, essential oils provide a wide array of therapeutic benefits.
Yet, they are hardly new to the scene. Quite the opposite, actually!
Essential oils date back to Biblical times. In fact, the Bible contains 14 principle oils: calamus, cassia, cedarwood, cinnamon, cypress, frankincense, galbanum, hyssop, myrrh, myrtle, onycha, rose of sharon, sandalwood, and spikenard. I bet you recognized at least a few on this list.
So, What Exactly Are Essential Oils?
They are simply oils that are distilled from the roots, leaves, and flowers of wild or organically grown plants. In other words, “they are the lifeblood of the plant”. Elegant, simple, but powerful.
I have been a fan for decades. I use them topically by rubbing one or two oils onto my skin (like lemongrass and cypress combined with a carrier oil like almond) or I use a few drops in a relaxing bath. I also love diffusing oils throughout the rooms of my home.
15 Essential Oils For Your First-Aid Kit
There certainly are oils for everything! Below is my go-to “first-aid kit” for health and healing.
Promotes hair growth, diminishes skin irritation and acne, and reduces coughing.
Fights bacteria, parasites, fungus and microbes, and is a holistic alternative to an antibiotic.
Works as an antibacterial and anti-parasitic solution.
Provides emotional support during stress and loss, reduces cellulite, and treats connective tissue injuries.
Provides respiratory relief for issues like bronchitis and allergies.
Relieves allergies, headaches, warts, and bronchitis.
Soothes sore throats and respiratory infections.
Boosts healing of burns and cuts, and promotes relaxation.
Improves lymph drainage and is effective in household cleaners.
Acts as an antiseptic and relieves diarrhea.
Fights fungus and tamps out common colds symptoms.
Supports digestion, soothes headaches, and reduces fever.
Deepens sleep, supports the female reproductive system, and calms UTI symptoms.
Eases migraines and nausea and provides cardiovascular support.
15. Tea Tree
Fights skin infection and helps heal insect bites and cuts.
A Word Of Caution!
Please keep the following in mind when using essential oils, however:
- Avoid oils that contain synthetic ingredients, which might produce an allergic reaction (buy only 100 percent pure and natural oils!).
- Store oils in a tightly closed blue or amber glass bottle away from sunlight or heat (your refrigerator is an ideal spot!).
- Avoid using the oils near candles or open flames as they are highly flammable.
- Never swallow them and always keep them away from your eyes, ears, and mucus membranes.
- Do not apply them directly to your skin without mixing with a carrier oil first.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Pay mind to the recommended amount of these potent oils to ensure you do not “overdose”.