Essential oils are naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds found naturally in different parts of plants. Frankincense oil is good for treating depression, scars, and pain. Bergamot oil aids in digestion. Cedarwood oil can help treat UTIs. Melaleuca oil can cure athlete's foot and acne. Vetiver and sandalwood oils promote mental health. Cardamom oil stimulates sweat glands.
There’s this silly notion that essential oils are only for the gals. I’m here to say that’s entirely not true. Guys, we love you and we want you to take care of yourself while you take care of us.
Essential oils are all-natural, they come straight from nature and there’s nothing girly about that. They’re naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds found naturally in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants.
Top 10 Essential Oils For Men
Everyone knows they have to eat well, exercise and rest. Aside from these, a good place to start taking care of yourself is to use essential oils in your daily routine. Let’s dive in and learn more about these manly oils.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antidepressant properties.
- It supports brain and prostate health.
- It aids depression, wrinkles, scars, pain, focus, and immune support.
- It has anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antibacterial, analgesic and antifungal properties.
- It aids digestion.
- It lessens sensitivity to pain.
It’s best to avoid sunlight after applying Bergamot topically as citrus oils are photosensitive.
- It has anti-inflammatory, astringent, antiseptic, diuretic, insecticidal and sedative properties.
- It aids with urinary tract/bladder infections.
- It may be applied to wounds.
- It promotes oral health.
- It has antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antiviral and analgesic properties.
- It fights bacteria and fungus.
- It promotes oral health.
- It aids with dandruff, athlete’s foot, acne, cuts and wounds.
- It has anti-inflammatory, astringent, antidepressant, calming and sedative properties.
- It heals dry skin, scars, wounds, cramps, insomnia, and emotional imbalance.
- It promotes mental clarity.
- It has digestive, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It cures stomach ache and constipation, muscle pain, mental fatigue, bad breath and emotional imbalance.
- It is warming to the body and promotes sweating.
7. Grounding Blend
A blend of Ylang Ylang, Spruce, Cedarwood, Juniper, White Fir, Pine, and Angelica essential oils.
- It provides brain support.
- It eases stress, anxiety, jet lag, anger, fear, and trauma.
- It is great for making your own cologne and aftershave.
8. Protective Blend
A blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils.
- It supports cardiovascular, oral and immune health.
- It provides urinary tract support.
- It aids fatigue.
- It kills germs and airborne pathogens.
9. Detoxification Blend
A blend of Grapefruit, Clove, Rosemary, and Geranium essential oils.
- It supports urinary and prostate health.
- It aids with weight loss and detoxification.
- It cleanses kidney’s and liver.
- It has sedative, immunostimulant, and antispasmodic properties.
- It aids with focus, concentration, insomnia, depression, anxiety, scars and emotional balance.
3 Ways To Use Essential Oils
There are three ways to use essential oils:
- Aromatically: You can diffuse in a diffuser, inhale from cupped hands or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Topically: You can apply directly to the area of concern, apply to pulse points, apply on the bottom of feet, or massage. Dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil (coconut, jojoba, etc.) before applying topically if you have skin sensitivity or to spread over a large area (like your back, etc.).
- Internally: You can put a drop or two under your tongue, added to your water or juice or put essential oils in an empty capsule and swallow
Caution: Make sure the essential oil is safe to take internally. Not all essential oils are equal, some are safer than most. Do your research first or ask me which essential oils I use and recommend.
You can also use your favorite essential oils to make your own aftershave, cologne, lotions, soaps, etc. There are countless recipes online, pick one that suits you best and give it a try. Happy oiling!