Herbal treatment and easy home remedies can be effective ways to avoid or cure common cold naturally. Here are a few Ayurveda tips.
Home Remedies, herbal tips during rain and winter –
- Include ginger, turmeric and pepper in minute quantities in your diet.
- Soon after you are home, make sure you dry of your hairs,
- Try replacing cold water with warm water. As per Ayurveda, warm water helps to relieve Kapha Dosha. Imbalance of Kapha Dosha is the main reason for cold and cough.
- Ginger tea is better than normal tea.
- Take raw guggulu from market, add a bit of turmeric and neem powder to it and burn it and inhale the fumes from a distance of one meter for a couple of minutes, soon after you return home.
- Or, Put turmeric powder on hot pan and inhale the fumes. It helps to relieve cold and allergy.
Herbal treatment for cold with Ayurveda medicines –
Please remember that taking Ayurvedic medicine needs consultation with Ayurvedic doctor. Here are a few common medicines used to relieve cold and cough.
- Vyoshadi vataka – contains ginger pepper, long pepper etc. It is good for cold and viral fever.
- Panchanimbadi Gulika – Contains Neem as the main ingredient. It is excellent antiviral and antibacterial, keeps repeated allergies and infections at bay on long term usage.
- Vilwadi Gulika – One of the most common antiviral and anti bacterial medicine used in Ayurvedic treatment.
- Amrutottaram kashayam tablet – It contains Indian Tinospora (Giloy, Guduchi) as the main ingredient. It is an excellent ayurvedic remedy for fever. Tinospora’s immune-modulator and anti-fever activity has been scientifically established.