Blend 4 leaves of kale (1-2 cups), 1 small apple, 1 small pear, 1 Tbsp natural almond butter, 4 oz Unsweetened almond milk, water and ice. Have the smoothie every morning. Take deep breaths once in a while. Quit smoking, avoid second-hand smoking. Exercise and hydrate regularly. Eat organic, more plants and lean cuts of meat.
10 Quick Tips To Detox
1. Eat mostly plants and try going vegetarian for the day or the week (or stick to smaller portions of lean meat)
2. Eat organic foods (non-GMO, pesticide-free)
3. Try my 7 Day Plan for Clean Eating
4. Avoid packaged food products (which often contain toxic substances like artificial colors and preservatives)
5. Avoid secondhand smoke, and (while this is a longer term effort, that requires significant commitment) try to quit smoking
6. Drink plenty of water
7. Exercise! The best way to detox/get rid of toxins in your body is to sweat them out
8. Take deep breaths (inhale for 4 seconds, exhale for 6 seconds)
9. Try sitting still, in a quiet room, with your eyes closed for 3-5 minutes before you go to bed: this is a light form of meditation that can make it easier for you to let go of everything that happened during the day before you go to sleep (and try to get 7 hours of sleep at least every night!)
10. Drink this green smoothie recipe every morning as part of your breakfast: it will rejuvenate and energize you for the day. You can enjoy it for breakfast or with a green salad and some protein at lunch – make it a green meal!
Green Smoothie Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Calories per serving: 100
Fat per serving: 3.5g
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 100 Calories, 3.5g Fat, 18g Carbs, 4.6g Fiber, 1.9g Protein
• 4 leaves of kale (1-2 cups chopped)
• 1 small apple
• 1 small pear
• 1 Tbsp almond butter (all natural, nothing added)
• Unsweetened almond milk (4 oz)
• Water (enough to make the drink smooth)
• Ice – optional, for serving
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender – blend until smooth. Drink and enjoy.
Try the Picky Eater for simple healthy recipes!