Make up can help you look years younger. However, one must apply make up in a proper way in order to look younger. Make up gets blended well on a smooth surfaced skin which could be maintained with certain daily do's such as moisturizing daily, feeding good food, proper sleep, drinking plenty of water. Know more..
Still Looking For A Way To Turn Back Time And Look Years Younger?
There are quite a few fool proof makeup tips and methods. The best news is that some of them will have lasting effects. Let’s talk about some make-up tips and general rules that will change your life!
A glowing skin is the perfect surface to work on.
Have you ever noticed that young people have a natural glow and that it disappears with age?
Yes, there are biological reasons for it, example the loss of collagen, sun damage and the ability of the skin to retain moisture, but let me share my secrets!
- Moisturize your skin regularly. The cheapest organic product I’ve come across is organic coconut oil, but many cosmetic houses have wonderful moisturizers.
- Moisturize from the inside. Drink water and lots of it! Sometimes rough spots on the skin are caused by dehydration and not lack of surface moisture. Water aids every bodily function and our skins are a reflection of what happens on the inside. The general rule is to drink about 1 litre water for every 30kg body weight.
- Feed your body well in order to feed your skin. Eat a healthy balanced diet and cut out processed food. Did you know that green leafy vegetables can make you look and feel years younger?
- Use a good sunblock. Sun damage is the leading cause of premature aging and the best foundation cannot reverse those signs, let alone cancer! Remember that sun damages darker skins as well, so this rule is for everyone.
- Get enough sleep. Our skin rejuvenates itself when we sleep.
- Choose a long- lasting, quality foundation that is suited to you skin type and skin tone. I hate to admit it, but if you neglected to follow any of the advice given above, a good foundation can still cover up many flaws. Everyone wants to look beautiful so give yourself every chance to accomplish just that. We are women and being beautiful is our right.
- Identify your skin type. Is it dry, oily or combination (normal)? Special care should be taken if you choose a foundation for sensitive skin. Remember, it does not mean because your skin is oily that it cannot be sensitive. If you are unable to do it on your own, get professional assistance at a reputable cosmetic counter.
Keep It Natural
- Ensure that the foundation you choose is the correct color. The last thing you want is for people to wonder what you look like under the make-up. When choosing a foundation, test the color on your jawline.
- Apply foundation on your neck as well to avoid having your face looking like an “oil painting”
- Apply as many thin layers of foundation you need to cover blemishes, but do not apply one thick layer that can easily look unnatural.
- Now that we’ve covered the basic rules, we can get to the fun part, the art of illusion!! Again I will give you some basic rules to make things easy for you.If you stick to them then miracles can happen.
Our face shape changes as we age due to bones losing volume. This means that cheekbones become less prominent, jawlines sag, eye sockets become bigger and eyebrows drop. Most of this can be remedied by optical illusions.
Rule 1: Use Upward Movements
- As we age everything sags and the effects of gravity are oh so visible! When you apply foundation, eye shadow or blush, use upwards strokes. This has the effect of someone moving their eyes upwards when they look at you. In other words, you have taken one step in defeating gravity.
Rule 2: Learn The Art Of Contouring
- Use lighter colors to bring forward’ certain features and darker colors to sink in’ certain features. Do you look in the mirror and think: “Oh, if only I had higher cheekbones!”? You now have higher cheekbones at your fingertips! Simply use a powder in a few shades lighter than your skin color as a highlighter on your cheekbones. Use a powder in a few shades darker than your skin tone underneath your cheekbones to create an illusion of depth.
- To counter the sagging eyelids, use the lighter color (highlighter) underneath the outer side of the brow. Basically, you need to draw a line underneath the brow from where the arch begins (more or less the middle of the eye).
- To make your eyes appear bigger and brighter, dab a small bit of the highlighter in the corner of your eyes (near your nose). When we look at something or someone, our eyes follow light, which means this make-up tip will make the observer’s eyes move from one side of the eye to the other and create the illusion of bigger eyes.
- Contour your brows. By plucking brows properly you can make yourself look ten years younger! Use a tweezer or nail file to determine the inner and outer borders of your brows. The inner brows should not grow beyond the inner corner of your eye. To determine the outer border, take the tweezer or pencil and form a line from the bottom of your nose to the outer corner of your eye. Your brow line should end where this line crosses the brows. The arch of the brow is key in taking years off in seconds! It should form a peak around the outer part of the iris to the end of the brow. Now remove all stray hairs that fall outside these lines you created.
Rule 3: Lighter Colors Generally Make You Look Younger
- As we age, our lips become thinner. A lighter lipstick will make your lips appear thicker. For thicker lips, also use lip-liner on the outside of your natural lip line.
- Lighter hair color and makeup will helo soften your features and make you look younger.
We are woman of substance,with that being said taking care of ourselves is a must. Be curious about who you are,try some new treatments are remedies.Make the effort to be the best you. Turn on the younger you instantly!