Blend 3/4c pecans, 8 dates, 3T coconut oil until mixture sticks together. Press mixture evenly into a baking pan and refrigerate for 10 mins. Meanwhile, blend 2/3c shredded coconut, 3/4c coconut milk, 2T maple syrup, 1t vanilla extract, 3/4c soaked cashews until smooth; spread over the crust. Top with a blended mix of 4T chia seeds, 1c blueberries. Freeze until set.
Looking for an easy frozen dessert that will wow everyone? These frozen blueberry squares are delicious, plus they are free of gluten, dairy and eggs!
Frozen Blueberry Squares [Recipe]
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 8 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked in water
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- In a food processor combine pecans, dates and add in coconut oil slowly until mixture naturally sticks together.
- Press mixture evenly into a square baking pan and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews and mix in a food processor with coconut milk, coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Remove tray from the freezer and spread cashew mixture on top of base.
- Place back in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Blend blueberries and chia seeds together in a food processor. If you are using frozen blueberry allow to thaw slightly.
- Remove tray from freezer and spread blueberry mixture on top.
- Slice into squares and store in freezer.
- Remove from freezer about 5 minutes prior to serving.