In a blender, add 1 orange, peeled and quartered, 1/2 ripe, soft avocado, 1 peeled honey mango, 2 stalks of celery, cut into 6" pieces, 2 handfuls raw spinach, in this order. Puree. When there's some juice, push spinach and celery down and puree for 1 min. Serve room temperature and eat before avocado oxidizes and causes bad fat. Chill mangoes and oranges to serve soup chilled.
Did you know, during World War I, wine fortified with spinach juice was given to French soldiers weakened by hemorrhage?
You might be intimidated by the idea of raw spinach soup, but you’ve surely had gazpacho, right? Raw spinach soup is nutritious, and this version is really tasty.
And, it’s super easy to make. No soup pans. No waiting for hours.
Raw And Dairy-Free Spinach Soup
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 honey mango, peeled
- 1/2 avocado, soft and ripe
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 6″ pieces
- 2 handfuls raw spinach leaves
- Put all of the ingredients in your high-powered blender and puree.
- Put the juicy stuff at the bottom so that it makes some liquid.
- Then use the tamper to push the spinach and celery down when there’s a little liquid.
- Puree about 60 seconds, pour into your favorite beautiful bowl, and consume.
Wash the blender, and in about 2 hours, you’ll be ready to do it again.
It’s usually served room temperature. If you want it chilled, I’d suggest chilling the oranges and mangoes first.
It’s also best if you make a batch and eat it right away. It doesn’t save that well, and you don’t want that avocado oxidizing in there, making bad unhealthy fat.
Optional: Cilantro, basil, mint, thyme, fennel leaves, or parsley (but not all of them!)
If mangoes are out of season, throw in a big fat ripe tomato! Just be sure it has either the mango or the orange to get the sweetness!