Soak cashews (1 1/2 cup) in water for a few hrs. Take 4 garlic cloves, cut off the tops and put in foil with 3 tbsp olive oil. Bake at 400F for 30-40 mins. Let cool and remove garlic from skins. Blend soaked cashews+roasted garlic cloves+1/4 cup fresh parsley+3/4 tsp sea salt+1 green onion+1/2 tsp dried oregano+juice of 1/2 lemon+1/2 cup water until smooth and creamy.
This faux herb cashew cheese spread is delicious. It is also gluten, dairy, and egg free and fits in with a Paleo or Vegan diet.
Using cashews in this recipe adds protein. Served with cut up vegetables it makes for a great lunch or snack idea.
Cashew Cheese Spread [Recipe]
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 green onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak cashews in water for a few hours, drain and rinse.
- To roast garlic cut off tops of garlic, put in foil with olive oil and bake 400F for 30-40 minutes. Let cool and remove garlic from skins.
- In a food processor or Vitamix process all the ingredients until creamy. I added the water slowly to get the right consistency of dip I wanted.
- Serve with cut up vegetables.