After playing around with some grain-free ingredients and some natural sweeteners, I created a Paleo blondie monster. I used a combination of almond flour and arrowroot flour to replace the white flour.
And a combination of maple syrup and coconut palm sugar to replace the two cups of brown sugar and white sugar. So much sugar.
Crazy Good Paleo Blondies
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 45 mins
This dish is based on the recipe from the Metopolitan Bakery Cookbook
Author: Allison | Frisky Lemon
Recipe type: Sweet Treat
Serves: 16 squares
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 8oz bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 325F and butter a baking pan. You can also line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter or coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut palm sugar. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a larger bowl, mix the almond flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate, pecans, cherries and coconut flakes.
- Spread into your pan and bake for 25 to 38 minutes– until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. They might be a bit crumbly, but their flavor makes up for it.