Mix 3 cups rolled oats, 1.5 cups sliced almonds, and 1/4 cup flax seeds. On low heat, stir 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1.5 tsp vanilla extract, 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Combine the two mixtures and spread uniformly on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven (325 F) for 50 min until golden brown, stirring every 15 min. Add 1 cup cranberries.
The first thing I would like to say about this Nutty Cranberry Granola, is that I seriously considered calling this post “granola crack” because the second it came out of the oven and cooled enough for me to taste, I couldn’t keep away from it.
Wow, holy moly, it’s so so tasty! PS it makes your home smell like some sort of fall candle. LOVE!
The best part is, it’s really healthy! Ok, so in my version I DO use a little teensy bit of sugar which brings the healthy down a smidgen, but you can sub honey or agave if you want to go a bit healthier
I am seriously convinced that I need to always have a batch of this around. I recently had a baby and took the time to fully stock my freezer and load up on tons of healthy foods so that I could keep going when she got here and lose the baby weight in a fast and healthy manner.
Do you know what I’m kicking myself for NOT making? Nutty Cranberry Granola, yep, this stuff. I should have made a triple batch because store bought is just not as tasty or as clean.
A note about the oats, I use quick cooking, just because that’s always what I have around for when I whip up a pot of oatmeal, But rolled oats, old fashioned, steel cut, it all works, use whatever oats you have. I’m not a believer in buying ingredients you don’t REALLY need if something you already have will work just as well.
Same thing with the almonds, I always buy sliced and raw, buy if you have slivered, that’s fine. If you have whole, just give them a chop. No biggie.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (you can sub with honey or agave nectar)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Start by mixing in a big bowl, oats, sliced almonds, and flax seeds.
- In a small sauce pan, on low heat, combine coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Stir it around just until it’s all combined and melt-y.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until it’s well combined. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the mixture into an even layer.
- Pop it into the oven for 45-50 minutes until it’s golden brown, taking it out every 15-20 minutes to stir it around so it all gets beautiful and toasty. It will still be a little bit soft when it comes out of the oven but as it cools, it will crisp up.
- When you take the granola out of the oven, add the cranberries and allow the mixture to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.