Curejoy Expert Dr.Janardhana Hebbar Explains:
The color, density, and smell of urine can reveal much about the state of your health, as a result, human urine has always been a useful tool of diagnosis since the earliest days of medicine. It can reveal what you’ve been eating, how much you’ve been drinking, and what diseases you have.
What do the shades of colour mean?
1. Transparent: If your urine is completely clear, it may be a sign that you’re drinking excessive water. Contrary to popular belief, there is a risks with drinking large amounts of water [including] diluting the salts in the body. But in general, if you’re drinking so much that your urine looks like water, you probably are drinking more than you need.
2. Pale straw/Amber/Honey: Lighter shades of yellow indicate that you are well-hydrated, but as the color darkens, it could be a sign that you need to refuel with fluids.
3. Brown ale: If you’re noticing shades of brown in your urine, it could simply be a sign that you are dehydrated. However, it could also be indicative of a problem in the liver.
4. Pink to reddish: This is usually a warning sign. Some food and substances may cause a pinkish/red colour but if it occurs due to blood, then it’s a cause for alarm. There’s a huge list of conditions both benign and malignant that can cause blood in the urine, anything from medical kidney disease to a UTI, stones in the kidneys or bladder or the more serious cancers of the kidney, bladder, prostate.
5. Blue or green: Diseases like porphyria (an inherited enzyme condition) can result in a person having blue or green urine,
Sometimes, people can urinate in strange colors after eating dyed foods. It depends on how well the dyes are absorbed by the gut and how easily they pass into the kidney and make their way out of the GI tract. But for most people, food dye doesn’t affect them in a huge manner. Likewise, certain medications may also cause changes in urine color.
No wonder we are all paranoid. Articles like this do my head in. I think i have peed every colour there is. Nonsense
cloudy brownish dark orange has bin for years but never had straight red blood come from outa my dick hole after wtf dude
Speaking foreign language is difficult. We need to study hard to master every details like grammar ,correct diction/ pronounciation , the past,present and future tense. i know i commtted some mistakes/error but fb user are broad minded.
There is a possibility d protein loss if the urine colour looks like Better check for protein in urine
my urine is powerful, it helps to cured my terrible head ache when i drink ..smells good so fresh , the color is clear like a water .
this is part of Tibetan, Russian, Farsi Culture medical standards as besides being a legend of health, it is the body's pharmacy that creates the remedies for the body in it's urine. . . .which Western Culture rejects.
I don't have a clue about the color -- but I do know Medicare no longer pays for the test. Welcome to Obamacare!
I am only drinking fluids at the moment, loads of tea & water, so it's btween transparent and yellow for me personally!