Preheat oven (350 F). Mix 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup honey, and 2 eggs. While stirring, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup coconut flour, 1/3 cup each pecans, dried tart cherries, and shredded coconut. Leave for 5 min. Spoon the cookies onto baking paper. Bake for 10-12 min or until golden brown. Cool and transfer to a wire rack.
So you might know that I am currently on a maternity break to spend time with the newest Frisky Lemon. He came a month early and in a very unexpected way (he was breech and 4 weeks early, meaning I had to have an unplanned, somewhat emergent C-section, which was totally unexpected and a bit terrifying, but I am doing fine now…).
The baby is healthy and happy and so is the mom. Especially since I made these amazingly delicious cookies! About one week after we got home from the hospital, I had a burst of energy and was craving some chocolate chip cookies. So dad took charge of the little guy, and I went crazy-pants in the kitchen, throwing together a pretty-darn-good chocolate chip cookie recipe with the ingredients that I had lying around in my cupboard.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Plus Cookies [Recipe]
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 22 mins
Adapted from this recipe1
Recipe Type: Sweet treat
Serves: 12 Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter (or coconut oil), eggs, vanilla and honey until well combined.
- Add the sea salt and coconut flour gradually while stirring.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, pecans, dried tart cherries, and shredded coconut.
- Let the batter stand for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb some liquid.
- Spoon the cookies onto your baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack (if you skip this step, your cookies will fall apart immediately.)
Enjoy! These cookies are really easy to throw together. And so worth it. They were definitely a staple of my first month with a newborn!
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Grain-Free), Detoxinista.|