Saute 1 chopped onion, 1 diced red pepper, 1 diced yellow pepper, and 1 can chickpeas in 2 tbsp olive oil. For the creamy dressing, blend 2 chopped avocados, 1/3 cup each of chopped basil and parsley, sea salt, and olive oil. Boil 2 cups gluten-free pasta and drain. Boil 4 cups spinach for a few mins. Mix the veggies, dressing, pasta, and spinach. Top with 2 cubed tomatoes.
Here’s an excellent and nutritious salad recipe!
- 2 cups gluten-free pasta
- 2 avocados
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 can (398 ml) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- In a large frying pan saute onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once done, add chickpeas in at the end to warm them up.
- In a blender mix avocados, sea salt, basil, parsley and olive oil. I pour the olive oil in slowly to see how much I may need to make the dressing creamy.
- Cook pasta according to directions, rinse and drain.
- Boil spinach for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, onion mixture, spinach and avocado dressing.
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
Your delicious salad is ready!