Rinse and drain 540 ml canned chickpeas. Soak 3 sun-dried tomatoes until plump. Rinse and dice. Mix with chickpeas along with 1 tomato, diced, 1/2 yellow pepper, diced, 2 green onions, sliced, 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, sea salt, pepitas, and raw sunflower seeds. Dress with vinaigrette or a dressing you like. Serve on a bed of arugula, spinach, and romaine. Toss in a protein form if you like and have at lunch or as a snack.
This chickpea salad is a favorite of mine. Enjoy it for lunch, as a snack, or as a side with any meal. Add any protein to make it more filling! This recipe is free of dairy, gluten, and soy.
- 1 can chickpeas (540 ml), rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked, rinsed and diced
- Sea salt to taste
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Greens (arugula, spinach, and romaine)
- Vinaigrette or your favorite homemade salad dressing
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and place in a glass bowl.
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water until plump, rinse, and dice.
- Add all ingredients in with chickpeas, toss well, and add in salad dressing.
- Serve over greens.