Curejoy Expert James Dudley Explains:
There isn’t enough evidence that any supplement can be used for lowering blood pressure. But certain lifestyle changes and natural remedies may help it from spiralling out of control.
1. Eat Garlic: Numerous studies have concluded that garlic can help lower blood pressure, particularly systolic blood pressure
2. Olive-oil extract: Several studies have demonstrated that it has effective blood pressure lowering properties.
3. Eat Omega-3 Fatty Acids: The omega-3 fatty acid DHA may have greater benefits than EPA, or eicosapentaenooic acid and is said to decrease blood pressure.
4. Drink Hibiscus Tea: The supplements and tea from hibiscus have been found to lower blood pressure.
5. Pycnogenol: It’s also called as pine bark extract and is known to help reduce blood pressure as well as treating high cholesterol.
6. Eat Dark Chocolate: Several studies indicate that eating dark chocolate or cocoa products enriched with flavonols may slightly lower blood pressure in people with high blood pressure or pre-hypertensive people.
7. Eat Probiotics: Fermented probiotics induce production of ACEInhibitory peptide which lowers blood pressure by decreasing the formation of angiotensin II, a potent blood pressure hormone.
8. Get Adequate Magnesium: A 2012 meta-analysis concluded that magnesium supplementation reduced blood pressure by 2-3mmHg for diastolic blood pressure and 3-4mmHg for systolic blood pressure
9. Do Sun-Bathing: Some studies have indicated that blood pressure is often elevated when there is reduced exposure to sunlight/vitamin D.
10. Watch Your Weight: Being overweight puts increased pressure on artery walls. If overweight, a weight loss diet to bring body weight to a healthy range may help to reduce blood pressure.
11. Juice Your Vegetables: Vegetable juice, particularly from green leafy vegetables, can increase a ‘B’ vitamin- folic acid that may help lower blood pressure and reduce elevated homocysteine levels.
12. Increase Your Potassium: Dark leafy greens are high in potassium. A meta-analysis of five trials indicated that potassium supplementation compared to a control resulted in a large but statistically non-significant reduction in systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure.
13. Reduce Caffeine Intake: Caffeine intake can result in a temporary but marked increase in blood pressure. It does this to a greater degree in people with high blood pressure compared with those with normal blood pressure.
14. Drink Green Tea: An alternative to higher-caffeine beverages is green tea, as green tea catechins have been found in some studies to reduce blood pressure.
15. Reduce Sodium: Too much sodium can lead to fluid retention which can raise blood pressure, especially in people who are sensitive to sodium. Low potassium can raise sodium in cells, because sodium and potassium balance each other.
16. Keep Alcohol in Check: Some studies suggest that moderate alcohol intake, particularly red wine, is linked with increasing levels of HDL and a slight reduction in blood pressure, however excessive consumption may raise triglyceride levels and increase blood pressure.
In addition to these changes, you can also practice yoga, meditation, qi-gong, auto-genic training and biofeedback to lower blood pressure.
Please ask your questions to our expert here: https://www.curejoy.com/askaquestion/ , Whatever you post here is strictly confidential and only seen by expert Ayurveda doctors.
I have low BP which always causes me dizziness, nausea and other problems as well.. If there is any solution for that..please do share .
Hi all, plz like n share this page to get updated with open jobs in various sector for all leading positions https://m.facebook.com/sbmrecruiters
There are so many ways you can prepare beets! Think of them as potatoes and prepare them similarly...they will need a longer cook time but so worth it! Also, pick the smaller ones...as they will have the best flavor and easiest to cut. :)
Nettle – Cleanse the Lungs and Purify the Blood! http://dailyhealthycare.com/nettle-cleanse-the-lungs-and-purify-the-blood/
Drink one glass of water after bath , it real helps to control blood pressure , make sure drink water before breakfast
I use young living essentials oils to control my blood pressure & heart rate! Ask me how you can too!