Housework for about 20 minutes, cycling for 10 mins, ironing clothes for about 25 mins, high-impact aerobics or aqua aerobics for 10 mins, a brisk walk for 15 mins, spending 15 mins climbing stairs or even walking your dog for 30 mins can all help burn around 100 calories. This will not cause weight loss but just give it a light boost.
Weight gain is directly proportional to the amount of calories consumed. However, you can burn calories throughout the day just with your regular activities. Here are 10 chores that you can you incorporate into your life to burn an extra 100 calories per day.
1. Housework: Housework for 20 minutes. Most people do not necessarily enjoy housework. But it has to get done, so it’s good to know it can be a calorie burner! By keeping proper postural alignment and moving quickly from chore to chore, you can raise your heart rate and tone your muscles.
2. Cycling: If you have a bicycle, just 10 minutes of cycling will burn off 100 calories. Aside from being a good cardio workout, it also helps strengthen your legs and your heart.
3. Ironing: Ironing is an effective way to burn calories in the comfort of your own home. Ironing your clothes burns approximately 100 calories in 25 minutes.
4. Aerobics: High-impact aerobics can burn 100 calories in less than 10 minutes, making it one of the most effective ways to burn calories. For those who prefer more gentle exercise, aqua aerobics is a less strenuous way to burn off those extra calories.
5. Walk: Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and suitable for almost everybody. It is also free, easy, and something you can do alone or in a group. Walking at a brisk pace will burn 100 calories in approximately 15 minutes.
6. Take the Stairs: Everyone knows that climbing stairs is better for you than riding the elevator. In 15 minutes of climbing stairs, a 130-pound woman can burn around 100 calories.
7. Walking the Dog: Taking your dog for a brisk walk will not only help you get in shape, it also will help your pet keep the pounds off.