Preheat oven and bake Gardein Wings (5 pcs) according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, dice 1/4 red onion+1/2 yellow bell pepper+1 roma tomato+1 mushroom. Once the wings are done, chop and toss them in buffalo sauce. Lay out 2 large romaine lettuce leaves; top with the chicken wings and veggie mix. Drizzle the boats with blue cheese (2 tbsp) dressing.
In case you missed it, I’ve been traveling in the Texas panhandle for the past month and will be here for a couple of months more. When I first got here, I stocked my fridge with the bare necessities: buffalo sauce and non-dairy ice cream. But then I started to panic, how was I going to use up all this buffalo sauce??
Well that was a big joke because buffalo sauce literally tastes amazing on EVERYTHING. You have to be careful when selecting the right buffalo sauce, look for one that is not made with dairy. Most aren’t, but some are. If you are feeling really ambitious, you might try making your own!
This recipe is really tasty, a little messy, totally savory, and VERY satisfying. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser as it’s super bright and colorful. It’s really simple, so if you need a quick dinner idea that will impress your family or friends (who are we kidding, if you want to impress your own damn self) this is it. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Makes 2 Large Lettuce Boats)
- 5 gardein wings baked and tossed in buffalo sauce (or use the BBQ packet if you’d prefer BBQ instead of buffalo)
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 white mushroom diced
- 2 tbsp blue cheese
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven and bake gardein wings according to the package instruction. Refrigerate the BBQ sauce packet that comes with the wings to use another time, or use it instead of the buffalo sauce!
- While the wings are baking, prep the red onion, bell pepper, and mushroom
- Lay out your romaine lettuce leaves and top with the veggie mix
- Once the wings are done, chop them and toss in buffalo sauce, add on top of veggie mix on lettuce boats
- Lastly, drizzle the boats with blue cheese dressing.