In a large bowl, mix 1 1/3 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, and 1 tsp salt. In another bowl, whisk 1 egg, 1 cup cottage cheese, 3/4 cups milk, 2 tsp lemon zest, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix contents of 2 bowls with 2 cups blueberries. Spoon 1/4 cup of this batter onto an oiled non-stick pan. Cook until golden, flip and cook for 1-2 mins. Add fresh fruits as toppings and sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
Blueberries are now coming in season, so this is the perfect time of year to make this recipe with your kids!
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min
Makes: ~12 pancakes
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup non-fat or 1% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 c whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, cottage cheese, milk, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; add wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil spray. Spoon on about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bottoms are golden and small bubbles start to form on top, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Spray oil on pan between batches.
- Serve with fresh fruit and cinnamon on top. Enjoy!