Curejoy Expert Dr.Janardhana Hebbar Explains:
Best Foods To Clear Sinus Congestion:
– Spicy Food: Generally spicy food like pepper, jalapeño, horseradish will release mucus in your nostrils,thus clearing your sinuses. But, if you suffer from acid reflux, avoid spicy foods as they can trigger heartburn. When stomach acid flows back upward, it irritates and inflames your nasal passages, causing them to become swollen and blocked.
– Chicken Soup: It contains an amino acid called cysteine which helps initiates a process that enables breaking down mucus, leading to a runny nose and cleared sinuses.
– Warm Drinks: Tea or other hot drinks moisten your mucus membranes, promoting movement of mucus through your sinuses.
– Foods rich in Zinc, Vitamin A, C and E: Vitamin A is known as membrane conditioner which helps build healthy mucus membranes in the head and throat. Leafy green vegetables, orange and yellow vegetables, tomatoes, fruits are rich sources of vitamin A. Citric fruits like grapefruit, lemon are rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin E is found in nuts, seeds and vegetable oils, while zinc is found in red meat, poultry and seafood.
– Garlic: It releases an enzyme called allicin when crushed. Allicin may destroy bacteria and kill viruses that cause sinus infections.
– Pineapple: It contains bromelain, which has been used for centuries to treat inflammation after surgery, particularly sinus surgery.
– Coconut water: It contains potassium and has bodily cleansing properties.
Worst Foods For Sinus Congestion:
– Caffeine weakens your adrenal glands.
– Fermented foods (Cheese, beer, sauerkraut, wine)
– Fried food
– Starchy foods
– Food containing additives
– Omega 6 fatty acid containing food
– Refined vegetable oils
– Saturated and Trans fat food
– High sugar content food ( soft drinks, desserts, ice cream)
– Cow’s milk
– Refined Carbohydrates (White bread, rice, pastas)
I avoid sugar, gluten and dairy for sinus infections. I eat all spicy foods to help clear and ginger tea and oranges/cuties
lol the good news is - i eat all the good stuff. the bad news is - i also eat a lot of the bad stuff....
No doubt I don't like any of the "good" food but the "bad" foods... \U0001f44d\U0001f3ff\U0001f44d\U0001f3ff\U0001f44d\U0001f3ff\U0001f44d\U0001f3ff
The old fashioned home remedies for dealing with sinus n congestion problem were to eat plenty of onions, leeks and garlic every day. If u don,t like the flavour and smell of garlic, u can take it in capsule form .. n cut the amount of dairy products u consume.
I did send an army of chilled beers all wkend to coax em congestants out .. (on set a thief to catch a thief principle) ..but them bugs put up a fight. ..so now leaving it to professionals. ..lyk u Deepika ji 💉☺
"... potassium and has bodily cleansing properties'What about Dates? Don't they have potassium too, and other things?
Xlear Will clear and clean nasal problems I have been using it for years and helps prevent colds The nose is a filtering system for our bodies Almost all illness are airborne Keeping the nose clean keeps the body healthy Xlear is also completely safe for children
Lemon is best and HFCS is the worst. I stand by fresh squeezed lemonade. Sweetened to taste with light maple syrup.
Hehe.. Yeah sir because i m still student so i hve theoretical knowledge only.. But it works sir.. I m sure .. Aldready many thing told in this article .. N its different from given points
Go to the beach an take a small amount of water into your hand and pull it up in your nostrils it clears after doing it about 3 times maybe more but this has worked for me I did this on Wednesday 22nd July and up to now it's clear oh I live in Trinidad so lots of beach....
2nd Drink lots of fluids, which will thin out your mucus and may help prevent your sinuses from getting blocked up.
technique of flushing out nasal passages with salt water has some good scientific evidence behind it. use a syringe, a neti pot and expensive nasal irrigators available. Use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution.