Blend 1/4c frozen raspberries, 1/4c frozen blackberries, 1t almond butter, 2t unsweetened hemp protein powder, 1t chia seeds, 1/2c unsweetened almond milk, 1t lemon juice, 1-2 large ice cubes until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add little water and blend again until it reaches the desired consistency. Drink immediately!
Breakfast is key to weight loss success. Research shows that those eat breakfast, lose more weight and keep it off, than those who do not have breakfast. People who skip breakfast think they’re cutting calories or do not like eating in the morning, yet by mid-morning and lunch, that person has a voracious appetite leading to unhealthy choices and ultimate weight gain.
This delicious breakfast smoothie contains enough fiber, protein, and healthy fat to keep you going until lunch without hunger or cravings! Adequate fiber, protein at every meal and healthy fat are necessary nutrients to achieve weight loss the healthy way.
Berry Almond Smoothie (Serves 1)
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup frozen blackberries
- 1 tspn almond butter
- 2 tspn unsweetened hemp protein powder
- 1 tspn chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 1 to 2 large ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add little water and blend again until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Drink immediately.