Facial acupuncture softens facial features, brightens complexion, increases elasticity, smoothens wrinkles and fine lines, tightens pores, lifts sagging skin, regulates sebum release, and cures hormone-related skin conditions. Uplifted moods and normal sleep are additional perks. Avoid acupuncture if you are pregnant, undergoing chemotherapy, or have a bleeding disorder.
Last time I suggested facial acupuncture as an option to help reduce age-related changes that present on the face. So what might one expect in terms of potential benefits of facial acupuncture?
Benefits Of Facial Acupuncture
While the extent of improvement varies individually, one may expect to see some or all of the possibilities detailed below:
- Facial acupuncture will help reduce the stress evident on the face and soften the facial appearance.
- It helps improve muscle tone and complexion.
- It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the lips, eyes, forehead and cheeks.
- It helps tighten pores and brightens the eyes and face.
- It helps reduce eye bags, double chins and lifts droopy eyelids.
- It helps soften the bulging appearance of facial veins.
- It helps balance sebum and may help with hormone-based skin conditions.
Overall, it slows the effects of the aging process and brings out your inner glow. However, the benefits are not just skin deep!
Certain body acupuncture points are used along with facial points to help ground the energy. This also helps harmonize and balance the whole body’s energy.
While this is not the focus of the treatments, many people report feeling an improvement in mood, sleep patterns, and resolution of other minor issues as the series progresses.
When To Avoid Facial Acupuncture
Of course, there are some cautions and minor side effects that need to be taken into consideration:
- Avoid acupuncture if you are pregnant/going through chemotherapy/have a bleeding disorder or have other serious health conditions.
- Caution is also indicated if you have a tendency to bruise, as there is a risk of bruising.
- You may also be asked to take an herbal supplement to help reduce bruising.
More in the next post on the frequency of treatments, the number of treatments needed and how to prepare for facial acupuncture.