Flaxseeds has its place in Ayurveda for its therapeutic properties. Its beauty benefits are that it makes skin beautiful from inside because of its component omega-3 fatty acids, slows down aging, enhances skin appearance, improves skin healing due to its anti-inflammatory properties, gives you a healthier skin tone and protects skin.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains:
Flax seeds or linseeds have been used in Ayurvedic preparations for ages, because of their therapeutic properties.
Beauty benefits of Flax seeds:
– Beautiful skin from the inside out: Flax seeds are a plant-based food composed mainly of omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient that is known for providing many health benefits. This nutrient is important for healthy growth, development and functionality of all body cells, and therefore also cells of skin and hair.
– Slows down the body’s natural aging: Flax seed is the richest source of lignans in the plant world, which have been shown to slow down the body’s natural aging process both in women and men.
– Enhance skin appearance: Mammalian lignans from flax seed have anti-androgenic effects reducing hair loss and improving skin appearance by reducing the availability of dihydrotestosterone.
– Improved Skin Healing: Flax seed is known to be an anti-inflammatory and aids in wound healing. Flax oil can improve acne, psoriasis, rosacea and eczema.
– Healthier Skin Tone: The essential fatty acids found in flax seeds helps in keeping your skin hydrated and smooth. The moisturizing effect of flax seed can help you avoid a dull-looking skin.
– Protects Skin: The National Institute of Health states that by including flax seeds in your diet, you can protect and repair your skin from sun damage caused by ultra-violet rays.
Apart from these benefits Flax seeds are widely used internally and externally for a number of other health benefits and for its therapeutic application.
Who Shouldn’t Use Flax seed?
Hi...I need to know whether flaxseed oil reduce breast size...or please advise any natural way to reduce breast
I used to mix it with fruits for smoothie unfortunately every time I drink my smoothie with flax seed on it. It felt lethargic and felt like my memory is out..the nurse said I'm probably allergy with it .. I
What is the hindi and ugfu name of flax seed plz always mention the inhindu iam a regular reader and i save them