Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup (each) freshly grated parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs together. Set aside. Season the chicken breasts evenly with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Top each chicken breast with a thick layer of the parmesan panko mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Ahhh the chicken breast: the go-to, healthy, fast week night star. This recipe started out as an experiment and ended up being one of our go-to easy fast meals that is so, so yummy and super easy. AND it’s only 4 ingredients, gluten-free, and takes 20 minutes to make.
Chicken recipes can get boring sometimes. I mean, there’s a lot you can do with a chicken breast but have you ever felt that when looking up recipes, sometimes, it’s like “been there done that”. Or, sometimes there’s just so many ingredients to it that you think “why bother”? This recipe, I am happy to say, is not like that. It has everything you could want: minimal ingredients, no time to prepare, crunchy crust, cheesy goodness. Perfection.
A couple weeks ago I shared my recipe for Roasted Parmesan Green Beans. That is my favorite side to go with this recipe. It doubles up on a few of the ingredients so you KNOW it will go well with it.
To make it, you start with a few juicy chicken breasts, season evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then top it off with a 50/50 mix of a nice buttery, salty, parmesan cheese and some crunchy panko bread crumbs. Throw it in the oven and then, voila, 20 minutes later you have crusty chicken perfection. (please forgive my overuse of the word “perfection” but last night I watched the “blackout” episode of Friends and the word “perfection” is now stuck in my head)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or more to your preference)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix the parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs together and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts evenly with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with a thick layer of the parmesan panko mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the crust on top is a nice golden brown.