Ashwagandha has strong anti-oxidants that helps keep the skin smooth, moisturized and free from wrinkles. The free radicals also protects skin from UV damage. It improves memory in dementia patients by delaying damage of brain cells responsible for memory and learning. It also has anti-convulsant properties that reduce seizures.
Ashwagandha is a Hindi adjective that is used to describe the horse like smell of the roots of Ashwagandha herb. Its latin name is Withania Somnifera. Ashwagandha is one of the many Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are immensely popular amongst the masses. Given the amazing health benefits of the herb Ashwagandha has found a very respectable place in the natural systems of establishing and maintaining health like Ayurveda.
It is commonly known by the name of Indian Ginseng. It has great adaptogenic properties with which it helps to manage external factors like toxins in the environment. It also helps to manage the internal stress and anxiety that affects people due to many dietary and lifestyle problems. Ashwagandha is known for its amazing properties of rejuvenating the body and imparting a sense of well-being.
It is a great modulator that stabilizes the body’s immunity and restores its natural healing power to fight various diseases.
Anti Aging Benefits Of Ashwagandha
Manages Mental Problems
- It helps improve memory in patients of dementia by helping to delay the damage to the brain cells responsible for memory and learning.
- It is great for people who are under stress mentally or have problems managing their high anxiety levels. It mimics certain neurotransmitter (acetylcholine) secreted in the brain which are responsible for elevating mood and relax the mind and body.
- Patients of Alzheimer’s disease also feel relieved after consuming Ashwagandha on a regular basis. It is also found to show anti –convulsant properties helping to control seizures.
- Ashwagandha is also used widely for patients who are depressed and find it difficult to maintain a positive frame of mind. The herb has a relaxing and calming effect on the mind.
- The herb is absolutely safe for consumption and can be taken for a variable period of time depending upon the patient’s requirements.
Best Anti –Aging Supplement
- Ashwagandha contains various biochemical and alkaloids which serve as very strong anti-oxidants in the body.
- It helps in rapid cell regeneration and rejuvenation which in turn helps in delaying signs of aging especially pertaining to the skin. It helps in keeping the skin smooth, moisturized and free from wrinkling.
- Regular usage of Ashwagandha root powder is a tremendous herbal supplement which binds the free radicals that are produced as byproducts of metabolism in the body. As a result, it protects the body from the rapid oxidative damage that occurs due to harmful UV exposure or toxic food consumption.
Inflammation Suppressing Properties
- Ashwagandha helps manage swelling and inflammation in any part of the body by controlling the release of histamines that stimulate an inflammatory response in the body.
- Even in case of severe conditions like cancer, where rapid cell growth results in excessive inflammation of the nearby organs, Ashwagandha helps to contain the growth of the malignant cancer cells, prohibiting them from spreading any further.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy should take Ashwagandha for rapid regeneration of the cells that get damaged as a side effect of these treatment procedures.
- In case of an injury or conditions that have an excessive production of pain in the body, Ashwagandha acts as a great herbal pain relieving agent.
- The plant sterols present in Ashwagandha plant have a steroid like action on the inflammatory conditions in the body.
- It is very beneficial for this reason in case of arthritic pain in which the pain results in reduced mobility of the joint involved and may result in permanent damage to the joints as a result of fibrosis.
I had high hopes for this but it caused my entire body to itch like crazy, especially in the evening. Had to quit taking it and when I did, stopped itching. Sigh.
Check out this cool farm in Oregon: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/213207013/portland-ashwagandha-farm?ref=users
The lowest effective dose for acute usage of ashwagandha, and perhaps the most cost-effective dose, is 300-500mg. The optimal dose is 6,000mg a day usually divided into three doses (2,000mg) and while 300-500mg is effective for most situations a lower dose of 50-100mg can be seen as effective in few instances such as reducing the immunosuppression seen with stress and augmenting anxiolytic (anxiety reducing agents).
Hello Ceally J Patterson madam thanks for sharing information ... Will u provid me sourse of information.
My pleasure. My husband takes it for stress and anxiety, he throughly enjoys the positive effects. Plus recommends it for men with lower libido.
Woman should prevent taking this if they are in childbearing years due to studies in female mice having a rise in miscarriages on Ashwagandha.