Natural remedies for skin: Garlic - warts and cones, Aloe Vera - skin infections like insect bite, eczema, cuts, burns, scars, rashes, Arnica flower - insect bite and joint pain, Calendula flower - burns and bruises, Comfrey - rashes, Chamomile - itchy lesions, hives and sunburn, Coconut oil - eczema itching and pain, Tea Tree oil - acne, pimples and scars.
Best Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
They say first impressions are the magical keys to open communication doorways and most get just a single chance to “impress” or project themselves.
Your skin doesn’t just predict your age but also reflects the way you take care of your health.
With the passing years the skin, ravaged by polluted air and a mostly unhealthy diet, starts losing its glow and showing the first signs of aging.
Since time immemorial, man has been seeking the elixir of beauty, that magic portion that can repair your skin and hide your age. The cosmetics industry is booming trying to “invent” and supply the growing demand for the magical chemical. Though herbal cosmetics are everywhere, we still seek reliable, unadulterated and guilt-free “natural” alternatives to safeguard our skin from harmful chemicals.
Naturally available remedies that trigger the “inside out” cleansing process, healing and balancing energy channels that reflect on the quality of your skin.
Top 12 Natural Skin Care Remedies
Here is a list of home remedies for glowing skin.
1. Garlic –Applying a topical solution of raw garlic and water stops infection of wounds. Garlic oil extract cures warts and dissolves corns. A garlic water solution, used as a foot-bath several times a day, has traditionally been known to cure fungal infections like jock itch (form of ringworm), and athlete’s foot.
2. Aloe Vera – This topical, soothing, pain reliever has been utilized in ancient traditional medicine as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory ointment, used extensively in the treatment of skin infections like insect bite, eczema, cuts, burns, scars, rashes, and as an antiseptic bandage. Very effective in the treatment of psoriasis, a relatively common condition that leads to itchy, red scaly patches on the skin and scalp.
3. Arnica flower – This herb has strong analgesic (pain relieving), antiseptic and anti-inflammatory characteristics, beneficial not only for healing skin abrasions, insect bite and joint pain, but also healing wounds due to trauma and surgery.
4. Calendula flower (common marigold) – Used through the ages for relief from burns, bruises, skin infections, cuts, rashes and skin ulcers.
5. Comfrey– Roots and leaves of this herb alleviate healing of cuts and bruises and its anti-inflammatory action treats rashes. Promotes healing of closed fractures when applied on the skin, over the site of injury.
6. Chamomile – Chamomile oil, through its potent antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti bacterial properties, is effective in preventing, curing yeast infections, killing staphylococcus bacteria, treating other skin infections, and soothing and healing burns. Chamomile tea applied topically treats mild skin problems, such as itchy lesions, hives and sunburn.
7. Tea Tree Oil – Its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal qualities effectively cure acne, pimples, and scars. Oil from the leaves has been harvested to treat cuts, insect bites and other common skin problems.
8. Eucalyptus Oil – Its natural antifungal and antibacterial qualities effectively cures acne, pimples and scars left on skin. But more importantly it helps to cure MRSA (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus superbug), jock itch and impetigo (highly contagious bacterial skin infection most common among pre-school children).
9. Cayenne: This spicy red pepper has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects, beneficial for the treatment of acne by increasing blood flow to the skin. Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and several anti-oxidants, critical for elastin and collagen health in the epidermis and skin.
10. Homeopathic tinctures: Calendula and Hypericum tinctures are useful against bacterial skin infections. Boils and cysts can be successfully treated with homeopathic remedies such as Silica and Hepar Sulphuris.
11. Coconut Oil: A thin layer of coconut oil or a coconut oil lotion bar helps cool eczema itching and pain.
12. Epsom salt and Magnesium bath: Wet/Oozing eczema heals faster by drying rather than moisturizing it. A spray made of salt and magnesium provides relief from itchy eczema sores. The benefits of transdermal magnesium (baths or magnesium oil) affect much more quickly than ingesting it.