Avoid longer living big fish like shark, swordfish, King Mackerel and filefish as they contain greater levels of Methyl Mercury. Having more than 200 mg of caffeine can increase the risk of miscarriages. More than 100 mg of caffeine enhances the possibilities of growth restriction. Undercooked foods can lead to food-borne illness. Avoid fried foods and liver.
As you might know that a baby’s health is directly related to the health of mother’s therefore well balanced diet and proper nutrition is very important during the times of pregnancy for better health of the baby as well as the mother. You can experience indigestion, constipation, nausea and several other problems during certain times of pregnancy which can be offset by employing a change in eating patterns or having the right amount of natural foods. However, there are certain foods that you can definitely avoid for your betterment of your health as well as your baby’s. Here’s a short yet descriptive list of five of those foods which you must avoid during your pregnancy period:
- Avoid Big Fishes: Avoid longer living big fish in your food which include shark, swordfish, King Mackerel and filefish etc. as they contain greater levels of Methyl Mercury which can prove to be harmful for the underdeveloped immature system of the unborn during pregnancy. On the contrary, small fishes such as sardines, albacore tuna and sardines provide high quality healthy fats & protein which are quite good for the mental development of the unborn.
- Avoid Caffeine: medical professionals haven’t come to any consensus on what is the right or maximum amount of caffeine that should be intake during pregnancy; however, it is believed that having an intake quantity of more than 200 mg can increase the risk of miscarriages in women. Another study has revealed that more than 100 mg of caffeine enhances the possibilities of growth restriction. So, if possible, pregnant women should try to curb their daily intake of caffeine as much as possible and if that is difficult then they should try to limit the daily intake within 100 mg mark.
- Under Cooked Eggs And Meats: Under cooked foods can develop food borne illness which can adversely affect the health of the woman as well as the baby. Try to cook them to an appropriate temperature before even thinking of eating meats and eggs. For eggs, you have to cook it till its white and yellow part becomes firm and nice.
- Avoid Fried Foods: Fried foods are fun to eat but not so much if you are pregnant woman. The first thing that you must keep in mind is that as your baby grows; the stomach starts to shrink in and fried foods are quite hard to digest therefore with no extra space they can cause the problem of indigestion in the woman. So, it is better to avoid fried foods during pregnancy to avoid indigestion and other stomach related problems.
- Avoid liver: Vitamin A is not recommended in times of pregnancy and liver contains that in abundance. Studies have shown that having high levels of vitamin A during pregnancy can cause some complications in the child therefore it is better to stay away from liver to avoid complications.
The above-mentioned food advice can really help you and your child stay healthy during pregnancy.
to be a mother is not easy .youve got 1heel out of your tomb as our olds says. for preparing 1life to come out of your womb.be still.pray always.
Dam im gonna really miss that liver \U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602\U0001f602
Drank 16oz of coffee w milk everyday for both pregnancies. Both boys are healthy @ 7 & 4. No complications w their development or normal deliveries which were quick w little labor.