I am so thrilled to be able to share this recipe. I used to skip breakfast a lot. I'd rather get another 30 minutes of sleep than to get up early for breakfast. Sometimes I would have tea, most times coffee. It was my 'breakfast'. I mean, who needs breakfast when you have coffee right?Wrong.One day I couldn't get up...
I am so thrilled to be able to share this recipe. I used to skip breakfast a lot. I’d rather get another 30 minutes of sleep than to get up early for breakfast. Sometimes I would have tea, most times coffee. It was my ‘breakfast’. I mean, who needs breakfast when you have coffee right?
One day I couldn’t get up from bed. I had stabbing pain in my stomach. It was bad. When the pain eased off I dragged myself out of bed and went to work, thinking that it’d eventually go away. It didn’t. I couldn’t work as I was in so much pain. I went to the doctor and later was diagnosed with chronic gastritis. I was prescribed some anti-acid medication and told to never skip a meal ever. Best advise I had ever received. It changed my life forever.
Fast track 4 years, I haven’t had a single gastritis episode. I’ve progressed from having Up&Go liquid breakfast to making my own concoction of Green Smoothie. Breakfast doesn’t get any healthier than this. Life is worth living for again.
But wait, it gets better.
Though most times I’m happy to have liquid breakfast, sometimes I feel like something solid. Something with a bit of a bite, slightly chewy and sweet. Like a cookie!
Yes, sometimes I eat cookies for breakfast! And you can too. These are not your ordinary cookies. These are Super food Breakfast Cookies.
These cookies are so healthy they are perfect for breakfast. They are boosted with super foods, wheat-free, refine-sugar free, oil-free, egg-free, and dairy-free (vegan). They are so easy to prepare and can be easily made gluten-free. Clean, satisfying and nutritious. Cookies never had a healthier make over than this.
4 Ingredients Superfood Breakfast Cookies.
4 ingredients, 4 steps, and less than 40 minutes from start to eating world’s healthiest cookie made by you.
Warning: These cookies are tasty and slightly addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Image source: www.superfoodliving.com
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats for gluten-free option)
- 1/3 cup of your favourite dried fruit (goji berries, raisin, cranberries, or chopped dates, your choice)
- 2 tablespoon chia seed (or flaxseed)
- 1 medium size banana
- Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Use your hand to mash the banana and mix it in with the dry mixture.
- Take a spoonful of cookie and form a ball. Lightly press to flatten it slightly and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown. Let rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Eat. As is of slather with peanut butter and make a peanut butter cookie sandwich
- Add peanut or nut butter to make peanut butter cookies
- Add maple syrup to make sweeter, maple-flavoured cookies
- Add choc chips and or cacao powder to make it chocolatey
- Add cinnamon or ginger powder for extra spice
- Boost with more super foods and seeds.
I haven't made them yet but I'm going to try adding pb or almond butter to the mix to try and help with the expected dryness
without water ? dry cereal, dry berrys, and banana is not very wet... the result must be very very dry, no ?