Frankincense is the one essential oil I would not go without. They say, when in doubt, use Frankincense. Known as liquid gold and perhaps the most precious of the essential oils, frankincense is an ancient oil used by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and highly sought after by even today for its many uses, including relaxation, immune support, and mood enhancement.
History of Frankincense Essential Oil
When King Tut’s tomb was opened in 1922, alabaster jars for holding Frankincense oil were discovered. The Egyptians practically bathed in it to stay looking young. And we all know the story of how the three wise men brought is as a gift for baby Jesus. And Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine,” used it to halt a devastating plague in ancient Greece.
Flavour Of Frankincense Essential Oil
It has a divine, rich, woody, and slightly astringent fragrance with hints of honey and citrus.
15 Ways to Use Frankincense
– 3rd Eye Activation / Meditation: Apply directly to space between brow
– Meditation: Use neat or mix with lavender, and apply on the face both in the morning and night
– Get rid of Wrinkles: Use neat or mix with lavender and apply on your face to eliminate lines and wrinkles. Do this both in the morning and in the night.
– Anxiety: Apply a few drops to cupped hands and breathe deeply
– Stress Relief: Apply to your temples and neck
– Cuts: Apply a few drops on cuts, for faster healing
– Immune Support: Take a few drops in a gelatin capsule
– Better Sleep or Dreams: Diffuse by bedside
– Anti-Inflammatory: Apply neat on affected area for soothing comfort
– For The Feet: Mix with Peppermint and apply to bottom of feet
– Cough Comfort: Apply on the neck and throat to soothe irritations in throat or with coughs
– Frustrations: Apply behind the ears and on wrists to erase frustrations
– Bug Bites: Apply on itchy, scratchy skin to soothe irritations
– Mood Enhancer: Diffuse or apply to the neck, to find harmony and clarity
While what you are stating may be true .. it is not compliant with the FDA regulations and you may find yourself in a bit of trouble.
Please be careful in your wording.
Oops! 3 times last winter. I'm using it primarily to improve my immune system. Benefits in addition to that are welcome.
When the pharaoh known as Tutankhamen's tomb was opened, jars with perfumed unguents were discovered. This is a combination of animal lard and resins, possible frankincense or spikenard. Sadly the ability to extract essential oils as they exist today wasn't discovered for a few thousand years after his burial.
Frankincense essential oil is a great one to have in your beauty regime, but with all essential oils (which are highly concentrated ) mixing with a carrier oil is needed as neat application on skin can cause multiple problems.
If in doubt, consult a qualified clinical aromatherapist for advice PLEASE.
Take a few drops in a gelatin capsule!!!!
What is a few drops to you? this is so irresponsible of you to suggest this...
Please seek the advice of a Qualified Aromatherapist who is fully trained to give the correct recommendations. I am sure this person means well however she is incorrect and should NOT be recommending to apply essential oils neat!
Neat application means undiluted the side effects can be burning, redness, pain, swelling even with Frankincense.
FOOD GRADE means nothing for skin applications. Young Living and DoTerra are being closely watched by the FDA and TGA because so many distributors are making many false claims and they are NOT qualified to do so.
NEVER apply neat essential oils where there is inflammation, they must be diluted.
NEVER apply essential oils undiluted to the face, they can cause sensitivity or more severe reactions. They must be diluted.
I am sharing this because recommendations like this are incorrect, harmful to people and the Aromatherapy industry!
Just purchased a bottle. Added drops to facial moisturizer. Smells great and helps my old skin. \U0001f339
My very favorite face cream I make with coconut oil frankincense patchouli geranium and of course lavander.
I like Youngliving oils because Gary Young brought pure food grade oils to the USA. Go to their website. I recommend getting the starter kit. Its a screaming deal with a diffuser and about 15 different bottles including Frankincense. Let me know if you have any questions.
I use it on my face mixed in my moisturizer and it REALLY does work..my 11 lines are gone with consistent use! Im testing it out on my post baby belly to see if it effects stretch marks.