Spending More....Gaining Less:Americans today spend almost 90% of their money buying processed food. With such a startling statistic and the overwhelming incidence of obesity, joining the puzzle pieces wouldn't need a degree in nutrition. Even in an advanced country like the US, with strict FDA rules, the occurrence of toxic banned additives is alarming and is wreaking havoc on everyone's...
Spending More….Gaining Less:
Americans today spend almost 90% of their money buying processed food. With such a startling statistic and the overwhelming incidence of obesity, joining the puzzle pieces wouldn’t need a degree in nutrition. Even in an advanced country like the US, with strict FDA rules, the occurrence of toxic banned additives is alarming and is wreaking havoc on everyone’s health. The reasons for allowing these substances reek of government bias towards the wealthy food corporations and blatant apathy towards public health.
What we eat today is nothing more than “dead’ food, stripped of its vital nutrients, flavors, textures and richness through the commercialized “processing” of foods. The only underlying focus is to make this cheap food “look” appealing with vibrant colors and additives to “fool” our taste buds.
Why are Additives added?
Most commonly, additives are included to slow spoilage, prevent fats and oils from going rancid, prevent fruits from turning brown, fortify or enrich the food with synthetic vitamins and minerals to replace the natural ones that were lost during processing, and improve taste, texture and appearance.
So we are in a time when food looker “fresher”, tastes “better”, “seems” cheaper and is so much more accessible. But what this “quick” food does to our body is cruelty at its worst….
TOP 11 BANNED INGREDIENTS THAT YOU WILL STILL FIND IN YOUR FOOD:
Here’s a compilation of 11 ingredients that are still present in the US diet…substances that should ideally be treated like “toxic” waste:
- Synthetic hormones rBGH and rBST (in milk): While Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Israel and all European Union countries banned the use of rBGH, this hormone is still used to increase cows’ milk production is still used in all 50 states. The use of rBGH increases the levels of IGF-1 hormone in the milk by at least 6 folds, increasing risks of breast and prostate cancers.
- GMOs (in almost everything): In the US, even public pressure hasn’t forced the companies to label GMO products. 90% of all soy, corn, canola and sugar (sugar beet) in the US is now GMO.
- Olestra/Olean (in chips): This chemical additive, a fat substitute, found in fat-free potato chips causes a dramatic depletion of fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids, robbing us of the vital micro-nutrients.
- Potassium bromate (in flour): This chemical additive is found in rolls, wraps, flatbread, bread crumbs, and bagel chips as it helps strengthen dough to bake it faster. Bromine, a corrosive and toxic chemical has been linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia, and hearing loss.
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT): These chemicals, considered a human carcinogen, a cancer-causing agent, are found in cereal, nut mixes/trail mixes, gum, butter, meat, dehydrated potatoes, and your favorite beer.
- Azodicarbonamide (in baked foods): This chemical additive is used as bleach and found in breads, frozen dinners, boxed pasta mixes, and packaged baked goods. This chemical has been linked to asthma and is primarily used in foamed plastics, like yoga mats and sneaker soles.
- Chloramphenicol (in honey): This antibiotic used on honey bees has been banned in the US for years, but can still be found in cheap supermarket honey (along with heavy metals) that comes from China. 75% of all honey in the US sold as US honey is in fact Chinese honey.
- Artificial coloring agents (in everything): These are found in an array of processed food items including cake and cake mixes, candy, macaroni and cheese, medicines, sport drinks, soda and pet food. Artificial dyes are used to make foods to seem more visually appealing to consumers. Most artificial colors are made from coal tar, which is also used to seal-coat products to preserve and protect the shine of industrial floors and also appears in head lice shampoos to kill off the small bugs.
- Ractopamine (in pork): It’s banned in the European Union, China, and Taiwan – but this dangerous drug is still found in 20% of all pork products.
- Arsenic (in chicken feed): Is added to chicken feed to promote growth, improve efficiency in feeding the birds, and boost pigmentation, which gives them the appearance of being more healthy and fresher. US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classifies inorganic arsenic as a “human carcinogen,” yet it is still allowed to be used in chicken feed.
- Brominated vegetable oil or BVO (in soft drinks): Found in sports drinks and citrus-flavored sodas to prevent the flavoring from separating and floating to the surface of these beverages. Competes with iodine and may lead to thyroid issues, such as hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and cancer.
Time to wake up and retrace our steps back to the more “natural” and wholesome food that we humans are meant to eat.
Yes they poison The fruit and vegetables, then you have to go and and pay extra money for organic fruit and veggies. And the \U0001f4a7 is poison too
Jennifer Jorden-Stahling. I read this just after the 100 Crock pot meals. OMG!! Makes you want to just stop eating period!!
Why bother posting this cause if you live in America the food you eat is going to be toxic our govt allows it so unless you grow your own food your f----ked no matter what.
http://www.curejoy.com/content/natural-alternative-therapies-autoimmune-diseases/ Refer to link Joanne Regensburg :) hope it helps! :)
GMO's are perfectly fine and they're alot safer than having outbreaks and epidemics due to poor organic handling. I grew up eating them everyday; they're perfectly safe.
tomatoes are so bad if not organic, I live in the midst of fields where they grow them, the spraying of toxins is regular, and at the end they kill the plants with something awful that withers the vines in 24 hours.